Saturday, April 30, 2011

Goodbye



Today we went to the City of David. It was crazy to get there, roads were shut down, the city was crawling with people, the City of David was crazy crowded. I think every Israeli family in the country was trying to do stuff in Jerusalem for the day after Passover. We had a hard time moving anywhere. But we saw a lot of cool stuff going on at the Western Wall, and we had a great time at the City of David. We toured all the amazing ruins, went through the tunnel, and spent some time at the Pool of Siloam.
At night it was time to say goodbye to the students. We had a great dinner with them. Then we went to their memories show. I was able to speak and give them my last bit of advice. I tried to talk about being born again, about being changed, about making a difference. I hope it meant something to them. We watched a slide show with so many memories. Then we swapped pictures until late at night. We stayed up until the 2:00 am departure time. It is so hard to say goodbye. They are such great people. It is too hard, I don’t know how much of this I can take. I just want to be with them forever, I just want to take care of them for as long as I can. I just want to associate with their goodness, and see them develop into the great people I already see them as. It is too hard to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment